(478) 569-9209 • Cell: (706) 871-8273
We are a 501(c)3 Charitable Organization. Our EIN # is Girard Lifesaver, Inc. (Tax Exempt Number) 45-522179
At Girard Lifesaver Rescue we have a space in our hearts for everyone of every breed/mix, size, age, health, etc. Because of this, we have extremely high vet bills, particularly for the special needs dogs. Please - any monetary donations that you can contribute to Girard Lifesaver Rescue will be greatly appreciated and will help us to continue to rescue animals in need. Donated money will help pay for vet bills for all of the animals we rescue, including spaying and neutering costs, vaccinations, dentals, surgeries, and Heartworm treatment (if needed). We can always use gift cards to PetMeds. Please help us continue to rescue dogs and cats in need! We are funded solely by donations and adoption donation fees and we need your help to continue! If you would like to make a donation to help our dogs and cats in need, please donate safely and securely on line through our pay pal Donate Button or donations can be sent via US Mail to:
GIRARD LIFESAVER RESCUE
10353 Highway 23-South
FOSTER A DOG, PUPPY, KITTEN, OR CAT TEMPORARILY!
We are forced to turn away homeless and abandoned dogs and cats because we do not have enough people willing to foster animals in their houses. Fostering is an involved process... you have to commit to keeping the dog indoors as part of the family, filling out a foster home agreement, and giving the scared dogs or cats time, love, and attention. This can be anywhere from 1 week to several weeks. However, you are repaid by the knowledge that you have prepared a dog to be adopted into a loving home. It is helping save an animal, and the sense of accomplishment you feel is so very rewarding. We are ALWAYS in need of puppy foster homes. For information on fostering one of our furbabies please e-mail: Samantha@girard-lifesaver.org I will be glad to talk with you about the many rewards and what you can do to help save a life by fostering.
SPONSORING A GIRARD LIFESAVER DOG OR CAT!
• $4-15 will provide a fun toy or toys.
• $10+ will provide a bag of tasty rawhide bones.
• $15-75 will provide a trip to the groomers (price depends on the size of the dog and the how extreme the cases are). We can't afford to bring dogs to the groomers except in the most extreme cases, such as dogs rescued from puppy mills or some pounds, and boy do those dogs look happy and proud after their filthy, matted coats are shaved down!
• $18 will provide a heartworm/lymes disease test
• $35-45 will provide vaccinations for dogs over the age of 6 months (Rabies, Distemper Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, ParvoVirus, & CoronaVirus)
• $45 will feed roughly one dog for 2-3 weeks, depending on the size of the dog as well as how thin s/he is (malnourished dogs must eat a lot of food to gain that much needed weight)
• $65.-75 Weigh of dog enters into the cost) will cover the spay/neutering of one dog or cat.
• $100-$150 will pay for one large wire kennel.
• $350+ will pay for one heartworm treatment.
Girard Lifesaver is starting a sponsorship program! Are you looking to help out a dog in our program, but don't think you can open your home or don't have the time to give to a dog? Well, sponsoring a dog just might be what you are looking for. Knowing that your funds are going to a certain dog to help with a spay/neuter, heartworm treatment, shots, surgery, or daily upkeep is especially rewarding and is very much appreciated. To sponsor a dog, just send in your donation, make note of which dog(s) or cat you are interested in sponsoring, if there is anyone you'd like the sponsor in honor of, if you want your name to appear on our web site, or if you wish to remain anonymous. It's as simple as that! If you have any questions, you can email Samantha@girard-lifesaver.org
BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
Help us in the areas of your interest! We are always in need of people 18 years old or older who are willing to help walk or care for the dogs on Saturdays, especially in the summer. We also need volunteers to help out at our fund raising events. Due to insurance reasons, we cannot allow children under the age of 18 volunteer at adoptions. Kids of foster parents are allowed to help out once their parents have been volunteering with us for quite some time, but only if the kids are ages 14 and up and are strong enough to handle large, bouncy dogs.
SPREAD THE WORD!
Let other people know about our organization, especially if they are wishing to adopt or foster a pet! Also, inform people about why it is crucial to spay/neuter all pets. There are thousands of cats and dogs in Georgia alone that are euthanized each year because no one has room for them or their owners were not responsible enough to spay or neuter their pet. 800 animals a minute are euthanized in the United States...every day of every year...PLEASE SPAY OR NEUTER!